Northport Natural Health
Saturday, October 5, 2013
Dr. Halpern's 25th Anniversary serving the Northport Community
Dr. Halpern would like to show his appreciation to all of his patients and friends who have given him the opportunity to enhance the Health and Well-being of so many in the Northport area and beyond. Please Join us for a reception of Hors d'oeuvres, Refreshments, Live Music and Complimentary Chair Massages
Saturday October 19th 2013: 3:00-8:00 pm
Northport Natural Health
842 Fort Salonga Road suite 3
Northport NY 11768
(Corner of 25A and Vernon Valley Road)
We look forward to celebrating with you!
Friday, August 9, 2013
The Journal of the American Medical Association suggests Chiropractic care for lower back pain
Monday, July 29, 2013
Although summer is a time for fun and relaxation, many of us tend to over extend ourselves and try to soak up every last minute of our days left! We begin to stress more over our plans than to truly enjoy them, all boiling down to the common denominator: we as a nation do not get enough sleep! If you are suffering from lack of proper, deep sleep (yes it does matter what type of sleep you exhibit) the solution maybe as simple as a few relaxation techniques described below. However many of us may have gone years with poor sleep habits due to physical, mental or emotional stressors. Those addicted to prescription sleep drugs need to realize there are healthy alternatives out there that have been proven to be nonaddictive and extremely beneficial to those suffering from improper sleep patterns. If you fall into any of these categories, take a minute to look at this week's article.
How to Achieve Deep, Uninterrupted Sleep
Sleep deprivation can alter your levels of thyroid and stress hormones, which play a part in everything from your memory and immune system to your heart and metabolism. Over time, lack of sleep can lead to:
2. Hide your clock, so that its glow won’t disturb you and make sure there is no light coming from other sources including your windows as this will seriously impair your body’s ability to produce melatonin.
3. Choose the right pillow -- neck pillows, which resemble a rectangle with a depression in the middle, can enhance the quality of your sleep and reduce neck pain.
4. Paint your bedroom sage green, or another soothing color, which will provide a visual reminder of sleep.
5. Move your bed away from outside walls, which will help cut down on noise.
6. Kick your dog or cat out of your bedroom -- studies have shown that they snore!
7. Take a hot bath 90 to 120 minutes before bedtime; it increases your core body temperature, and when it abruptly drops when you get out of the bath, it signals your body that you are ready for sleep.
8. Keep a notepad at your bedside -- if you wake in the middle of the night with your mind going, you can transfer your to-do list to the page and return to sleep unworried.
9. Put heavier curtains over your windows -- even the barely noticeable light from streetlights, a full moon, or your neighbor‘s house can interfere with the circadian rhythm changes you need to fall asleep.
10. Eat a handful of walnuts before bed -- they’re a good source of tryptophan, a sleep-enhancing amino acid.
While I don’t believe there is a hard-and-fast rule as to how long you must sleep, it is crucial that you do get enough, and this means listening to your body.
Unfortunately, sleep problems -- such as waking up too early, not being able to fall asleep or not being able to stay asleep -- are at near epidemic levels. One NSF poll found that more than half of the adults they surveyed experienced one or more of these symptoms.
Why is Sleep so Important?
Of course, you know instinctively that sleep is essential just by the way you feel when you don’t get enough of it. But sleep is very complex, and sleep deprivation can impact your body in a number of ways:
There is no one answer to this question, but there are some common factors that can easily disturb your night’s rest:
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Whey Protein: What we feel you should know
- All-natural, grass fed cows' whey, NOT pesticide-treated, grain-fed cows' whey
- Is nutritionally superior to grain fed
- Contains an impressive amino acid and immuno-supportive nutrient profile
- Is rich in healthy fats--lipolic acid and CLA (conjugated linoleic acid)
- Cold processed, NOT heat processed
- Makes the whey acidic and nutritionally deficient
- Damages the immuno-supportive micronutrients and amino acids
- Makes whey inadequate for consumption
- Acid-free processing, NOT Acid / Ion Exchange Processing
- Whey protein concentrate, NOT protein isolates
- All isolates are exposed to acid processing.
- Your body cannot assimilate proteins in isolated form.
- Due to over-processing, isolates are deficient in key amino acids and nutritional cofactors.
- Maximum biological value, NOT compromised or damaged
- Easy to Digest, NOT Causing Digestive Stress
- Free from Toxic Heavy Metals or at Such Low Levels NOT to be a Health Risk
Dream Protein is Guaranteed Delicious or Your Money Back!
• Artificial Sweeteners
• Hydrolyzed Whey Protein
• Glycemic Index
Mixing Instructions: As a dietary supplement, take one or more scoops daily to supply your diet with protein. Mix one level scoop with 6-8 ounces of water, milk or your favorite beverage.
The unique ingredients in Dream Protein may help to:
• Boost Immune System
• Enhance Energy Levels
• Maintain Lean Body Mass
• Maintain Healthy Weight Management
Friday, June 14, 2013
Get to know the Doc!
Dr. Davin Halpern is a licensed Chiropractor serving the Northport community.
He has been freeing people from pain in his clinic in Northport, NY. Dr. Halpern uses a "whole person" approach to health and is committed to promoting the health and well being of his patients. This approach to wellness means looking for underlying causes of any disturbance or disruption (which may or may not be causing symptoms at the time) and make whatever interventions and lifestyle adjustments that would optimize the conditions for normal function. Using this unique approach, Dr. Halpern is able to help you to accelerate and/or maintain your journey to good health.
Call us if you have any questions, comments,concerns, or if you would like to schedule an appointment, our number is: 631-757-3000
Address: 842 Fort Salonga rd (25a)
Northport NY 11768